Job Description / Responsibility
A renowned house is seeking a mid-level Risk manager to be a part of their team in Tokyo. You will be working closely with the trading desk and many other departments, so you must be comfortable explaining complex risks to senior management, discussing positions / systems / raising issues with the front office and building strong working relationships with other support departments. Communication ability is vital for this role, as you will be dealing with people across the Asia Pacific region and globally. In addition to developing close relationships with the management team, the individual must be able to communicate effectively with local senior management. Experience in dealing with regulators would be highly valued
Other responsibilities will include
- Production and analysis of risk reports.
- Daily / weekly stress testing.
- Provide daily market and risk commentaries.
- Daily communication with peers regionally and globally.
- Review back testing commentary.
- Frequent interaction with other departments.
- Fluency in English and preferably Japanese, combined with good communication skills, is essential.
- Sound knowledge of basic derivatives and options products.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance and also a good team player.
- Be able to interact and build relationships with trading and risk staff.
Additional Job Requirements-Preferred skills
- Proficient in Excel and software programming skills
- Degree from a top university, in a numerate subject, for e.g mathematics, physics or computer science
- Experience in market risk management is preferable-candidates from other backgrounds are welcome, with the right motivation and skill set
- Analytical, resourceful and able to work independently, with an eye for details